Thursday, September 13, 2007

Wow! This is a very useful product

First of all, my apologies to the jManage users for not being active in the jManage community in the last 6 months. My job at Care.com has kept me very busy.

We actually use jManage in the production environment of Care.com. We use it to monitor our JBoss application servers, and also the long running command-line processes.

jManage has proven most useful when generating alerts in case of errors in the command-line processes. We have extended the JDK logging (java.util.logging.Handler) to generate MBean notifications when "SEVERE" level error is logged. This helps us sleep better at night, as know that jManage is up watching the processes for us.

I was adding another command-line process to our production jManage instance today, and I couldn't stop myself from admiring what the jManage community has built. Now that I am very active user of jManage, I find it a very useful product.

PS: I will try to get some screen shots of our jManage instance at Care.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

visit the web site - nanny available.

Care.com - good job !!!